Results from scholastic exams are important criteria for evaluating our global pool of applicants. With that said, NYU has one of the most flexible testing policies of any college or university. Review our testing policy for all campuses of NYU.
You only have to submit official results from one of the following:
- SAT (essay test not required)
- ACT (writing test not required)
- Three SAT Subject Test scores
- Three AP exam scores
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
- Three IB higher-level exam scores if not an IB Diploma candidate
- Certain nationally accredited exams that show you completed your secondary education. You Can use our international qualifications tool to see if your national exam meets our requirements.
Exam scores should be submitted as follows:
- SAT, SAT Subjects, AP, or TOEFL scores submitted through the testing agency using NYU’s school code: 2562
- ACT scores submitted through the testing agency using NYU’s school code: 2838
- Predicted or final IB, A-level, or national exam results submitted by a school official through the Common Application or sent to firstname.lastname@example.org from a school email address (with final results submitted by the examining board when possible)