CS Program Overall Goals:
- To prepare students for computer science positions in industry or government,
- To prepare students for graduate study in Computer Science, and
- To provide a solid foundation in Computer Science that will allow graduates to adapt effectively in a quickly changing field.
CS Program Educational Objectives:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics and computer science to develop software systems.
- Analyze, design, implement, and test complete software systems.
- Communicate effectively and critically in both written documents and oral presentations.
- Work effectively in a team.
- Apply computer science skills, tools and knowledge in designing software systems that are adaptive to new requirements.
- Understand the social and ethical issues that arise in their work and deal with them professionally.
- Appreciate the need for lifelong learning and adapt to rapid technological changes