- Title of the scientific degree: Bachelor of Arabic Language & Literature
- Teaching System: Credit Hours
- Provide students with the linguistic, grammatical, morphological, rhetorical and literary knowledge.
- Promote students’ linguistic abilities and skills on reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- Enable students to interact with the modern linguistic and literary theories and understand relationships between the Arabic Language’s various branches of knowledge.
- Promote the spirit of belonging to religion and country through entrenching the love of the Arabic Language in their souls and urging them to defend it and to adhere to the ethics of profession, collective work and society service.
- Achieve cultural communication and promote knowledge exchange among nations.
- Link contemporary studies with the old linguistic and literary legacy.
- Utilize modern techniques in the self-learning of the Arabic Language and its arts.
Program Learning Outputs
By the end of the program courses, the student is expected to be able to do the following: –
- Clarify the grammatical, morphological, critical, rhetorical and literary concepts and knowledge.
- Link between legacy and reality in the Arabic Language and Literature-relating fields.
- Discuss Arabic texts based on the old and modern critical methodologies.
- Analyze texts in accordance with the linguistic and literary analysis.
- Use the scientific research tools in writing his academic paper.
- Utilize the modern technological means in promoting the linguistic and research skills.
- Orally present his linguistic and literary papers, reports and duties.
- Perform his due role either individually or in group, considering meanwhile the code of ethics.